Gema Mendoza
Chicago, Il.

This era strikes me as unusual a bit bizarre. 
With a calm tone my son's teacher walked us through the details of v-learning.  Even though her tone was calm I could perceive her feelings, a mixture of fear, incredulity and anger. “Homeschooling” is definitely a challenge for all of us. I set up a special space for him at home. Most of us still remain optimistic but worst case scenario thought are also present. I think nobody knows what's going to happen 2 o 3 days from now. I also keep track of what's happening back home. [The writer is from Latin America - Ed] All this makes me realize the incredibly huge amount of things we all take for granted. 
“I’m afraid that I’m not going to see my mother ever again” My friend told me, whose mother lives in Italy is desperate. Her tone is one of despair, we feel so scared and fragile, unable to do what we want to protect our own families. Technology helps but it will never replace a hug, a kiss. All of us would like to just buy a ticket and fly back home, but this issue is everywhere and everything looks like that we can not escape it. But not everything is grim and blue, data shows most of us will survive this virus but we have to protect those at risk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog