Ana 
Eureka, CA

I know some of the world is in a panic state, but I do believe most are rational and staying well. We are sensible and calm, and I love homeschooling and gardening. It is nice to homestead and we are fairly self sufficient with eggs and vegetables.  David and I are both happy to be working together on our home.  
I'm now incubating more eggs called Olives. I traded my farmer friend with starts and greens for her fertilized eggs at her mailbox. 
We have been going shopping rarely as I can get drive by meals for the kids at their school one mile away. It's actually a big bag of sunflower seeds, chickpeas, milk, cheese, oranges, kewis, apples, pears, cereal, etc. We get 2 gallon bags. 
  Also, I ordered school supplies online like books, workbooks and flash cards of times and division and received educational packets from school. Max and Alexander are above their grade levels already though it is exciting to find topics and we are working on handwriting which they both need. They love nature hike breaks and trampoline time, collecting eggs, and chatting to friends on kid messenger. You may want to join that to video chat them. 
 The hard part is coparenting during a shutdown. Their Dad is seeking more time which means more travel and exposure to other people and gas stations so I can postpone his request. Mediation on the 1st may also be postponed. 
I am able to go with the flow and be strong too. I am glad I don't need too much. 
My business is for those who are in need of immediate back pain care. I'm great at it but am careful when I have a client. I do open the garage and keep them out of our home. It is less money from work, but I feel safe with this, using disinfectant wipes and fresh air. 
Time will tell, but I'm enjoying my life no matter what. My kids are thrilled to be home schooled.  David is my partner and we are doing great together now.  I'm very grateful I can be here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  

I do hope we can all be over the viral madness soon and visit again.  No playdates is tough!

Comments

  1. It makes a huge difference having outside space. I'm counting myself lucky that I can be outside and not feel like I'm risking mine or anybody else's health. Lovely to hear about your life. It sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog